I am an experienced GIS professional with a demonstrated commitment to public service and environmental stewardship. I have applied my skills in science and technology to the benefit of natural resources, people, and the environment throughout both my academic and professional careers. For additional information, please see my detailed resume.
- Data Manager, U.S. National Park Service (2016 – Present). Information management for long-term ecological data collection, trend analysis, and reporting. Sierra Nevada Network Inventory and Monitoring Program, Three Rivers, CA
- GIS Analyst, City of Boulder (2016). Web and mobile GIS applications for transportation and utilities maintenance. Boulder, CO
- Research Associate, University of Colorado Boulder (2015 – 2016). Remote sensing techniques for hydrologic research. Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory, Boulder, CO
- GIS & Data Technician, U.S. National Park Service (2013 – 2015). GIS integration and data management for natural and cultural resource planning. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Three Rivers, CA; Gateway National Recreation Area, Staten Island, NY
- GIS/Natural Resource Intern, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (2013, 2012, 2010). Cartography, data management, and science communication. National Landscape Conservation System, Washington, DC
- Research Assistant, The Ohio State University (2011 – 2012, 2009 – 2010). Advanced remote sensing, spatial analysis, and data management for polar and alpine research. Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, Columbus, OH
- Geologic Mapping Intern, Ohio Department of Natural Resources (2007 – 2010). Mapping support for regional geohazards, glacial geomorphology, and historic data preservation. Division of Geological Survey, Columbus, OH
Strong foundation in GIS, physical sciences, and natural resources; excellent oral and written communication; strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Highly proficient with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x (ArcMap; ArcCatalog; Spatial Analyst; Geostatistical Analyst; ArcPad; etc.); experienced with web and mobile mapping applications, including ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Story Maps, GeoCortex Essentials Manager, and Collector for ArcGIS.
Conferences and Training
- Society for Conservation GIS Conference, Pacific Grove, CA (2018)
- Wilderness First Aid, Three Rivers, CA (2018)
- Mental Health First Aid, Three Rivers, CA (2018)
- ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA (2017, 2016, 2015, 2013)
- NPS Fundamentals Residential, Grand Canyon, AZ (2017)
- High Resolution Topography Short Course, Tempe AZ (2016)
- NPS Operational Leadership, Three Rivers, CA (2015)
GIS Modeling; Earth Analytics; Applied Quantitative Methods for Geography (Advanced Geostatistics); Remote Sensing; Design and Implementation of GIS; Intermediate GIS; Fundamentals of GIS; Numerical Cartography; Elements of Cartography; Introduction to Geographic Analysis and Geostatistics; Seminar for Cartography; Research Design for Physical Sciences (Geography); Field Methods in Human Geography