I am an experienced GIS professional with a demonstrated commitment to public service and environmental stewardship. I have applied my skills in science and technology to the benefit of natural resources, people, and the environment throughout both my academic and professional careers.
- Data Manager, U.S. National Park Service (2016 – Present). Information management for long-term ecological data collection, trend analysis, and reporting. Sierra Nevada Network Inventory and Monitoring Program, Three Rivers, CA
- GIS Analyst, City of Boulder (2016). Web and mobile GIS applications for transportation and utilities maintenance. Boulder, CO
- Research Associate, University of Colorado Boulder (2015 – 2016). Remote sensing and modeling for hydrologic research. Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory, Boulder, CO
- GIS & Data Technician, U.S. National Park Service (2013 – 2015). GIS integration and data management for natural and cultural resource planning. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Three Rivers, CA; Gateway National Recreation Area, Staten Island, NY
- GIS/Natural Resource Intern, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (2013, 2012, 2010). Cartography, data management, and science communication for multi-use land management. National Landscape Conservation System, Washington, DC
- Research Assistant, The Ohio State University (2011 – 2012, 2009 – 2010). Advanced remote sensing, spatial analysis, and data management for polar and alpine research. Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, Columbus, OH
- Geologic Mapping Intern, Ohio Department of Natural Resources (2007 – 2010). Mapping support for regional geohazards, glacial geomorphology, and historic data preservation. Division of Geological Survey, Columbus, OH
Strong foundation in GIS, physical sciences, and natural resources; excellent oral and written communication; strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Highly proficient with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x and ESRI ArcPro 2.x. Experienced with web and mobile mapping applications, including ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Story Maps, GeoCortex Essentials Manager, and Collector for ArcGIS. Skilled with remote sensing applications, including RSI ENVI +IDL and ERDAS Imagine.
Conferences and Training
- GIS Specialist for Incident Management Introductory Course (Jan 2020)
- Esri User Conference, San Diego, CA (Jul 2019, Jul 2017, Jun 2016, Jul 2015, Jul 2013)
- Central Valley Geosummit, Merced, CA (Apr 2019)
- Inventory and Monitoring Data Manager Training, Fort Collins, CO (Apr 2019, Mar 2018, Nov 2017)
- Society for Conservation GIS Conference, Pacific Grove, CA (Jul 2018)
- Wilderness First Aid, Three Rivers, CA (Mar 2018)
- Mental Health First Aid, Three Rivers, CA (Apr 2018)
- NPS Fundamentals Residential, Grand Canyon, AZ (Aug 2017)
- High Resolution Topography Short Course, Tempe, AZ (Jan 2016)
- NPS Operational Leadership, Three Rivers, CA (Mar 2015)
GIS Modeling; Earth Analytics; Applied Quantitative Methods for Geography (Advanced Geostatistics); Remote Sensing; Design and Implementation of GIS; Intermediate GIS; Fundamentals of GIS; Numerical Cartography; Elements of Cartography; Introduction to Geographic Analysis and Geostatistics; Seminar for Cartography; Research Design for Physical Sciences (Geography); Field Methods in Human Geography