I am an experienced GIS professional with a demonstrated commitment to public service and environmental stewardship. I have applied my expertise in science and technology to the benefit of natural resources, people, and the environment throughout both my academic and professional careers.
- Data Manager, U.S. National Park Service (2016 – Present). Information management for long-term ecological data collection, trend analysis, and reporting. Sierra Nevada Network Inventory and Monitoring Program, Three Rivers, CA
- GIS Analyst, City of Boulder (2016). Web and mobile GIS applications for transportation and utilities maintenance. Boulder, CO
- Research Associate, University of Colorado Boulder (2015 – 2016). Remote sensing techniques for hydrologic research. Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory, Boulder, CO
- GIS & Data Technician, U.S. National Park Service (2013 – 2015). GIS integration and data management for natural and cultural resource planning. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Three Rivers, CA; Gateway National Recreation Area, Staten Island, NY
- GIS/Natural Resource Intern, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (2013, 2012, 2010). Cartography, data management, and science communication. National Landscape Conservation System, Washington, DC
- Geography Intern, National Geographic Society (2012). Nominee review for National Geographic Young Explorers; graphic aid and design for Freshwater Division. Washington, DC
- Research Assistant, The Ohio State University (2011 – 2012, 2009 – 2010). Advanced remote sensing, spatial analysis, and data management for polar and alpine research. Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, Columbus, OH
- Geologic Mapping Intern, Ohio Department of Natural Resources (2007 – 2010). Mapping support for regional geohazards, glacial geomorphology, and historic data preservation. Division of Geological Survey, Columbus, OH
Strong foundation in GIS, physical sciences, and natural resources; excellent oral and written communication; strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Highly proficient with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x (ArcMap; ArcCatalog; Spatial Analyst; Geostatistical Analyst; ArcPad; etc.); experienced with web and mobile mapping applications, including ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Story Maps, GeoCortex Essentials Manager, and Collector for ArcGIS.
Skilled with ERDAS IMAGINE; RSI ENVI + IDL; R; Microsoft Access; KML for Google Earth; VBA with ArcObjects; DNR Garmin; and GPS using Garmin and Trimble receivers.
Conferences and Training
- Inventory and Monitoring Data Managers Workshop, Fort Collins, CO (Mar 2018)
- National Park Service (NPS) Fundamentals Residential, Grand Canyon, AZ (Aug 2017)
- ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA (July 2017)
- Inventory and Monitoring Data Managers Training, Fort Collins, CO (Nov 2017)
- GIS in the Rockies, Denver, CO (Sep 2016)
- ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA (Jun/Jul 2016)
- High Resolution Topography Short Course, Tempe AZ (Jan 2016)
- ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA (Jul 2015)
- NPS Operational Leadership, Three Rivers, CA (Mar 2015)
- ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA (Jul 2013)
- Geological Society of America (2009 – Present)
- America Geophysical Union (2013 – Present)
- Society for Conservation GIS (2016 – Present)
GIS Modeling; Earth Analytics; Applied Quantitative Methods for Geography (Advanced Geostatistics); Remote Sensing; Design and Implementation of GIS; Intermediate GIS; Fundamentals of GIS; Numerical Cartography; Elements of Cartography; Introduction to Geographic Analysis and Geostatistics; Seminar for Cartography; Research Design for Physical Sciences (Geography); Field Methods in Human Geography